Summer Tanager

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I love palm fronds graphic character, so when this Summer Tanager landed on the center rib of this one, I was delighted. I got three frames and this head turn was my favorite.

Specific Feedback

I’m not sure about the mottled background and considered mellowing it out a bit, but decided not to. Opinions?

Technical Details

Sony A1 FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, monopod, f/9, 1/250, iso 2000, manual exposure. Pre-processing in DxO PureRaw 4. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5268x3822.

2 Likes

Hi Dennis,
I really love your image of the Summer Tangier. Personally, I like the background on this image. Personally, I don’t think the background needs any mellowing.

I like everything about this image. Fantastic!

You did a nice job capturing that incredible red without overdoing anything Dennis. I have no issue with the reality BG and the palm perch is also a nice bonus.

Hi Dennis, really interesting perch and I like how you included it. BG looks fine to me as do the reds on the bird. A great trip you had!