Sunflower Fields Forever

Central Provence, France, 2011. Reprocessed today.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

iso 100, 17-35 at 35 mm, f8, 125th, D700, handheld, full frame

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is superb David! The foreground pattern and details merge so smoothly to sweep into the background! It would be really easy to make repeat visits to the site and spend long hours there with changing light, comp and skies. I’d even go so far as to bring a ladder for a little higher POV.

But that aspiration takes nothing away from what you’ve accomplished here. Take it rather as a sign of the inspiration you’ve stirred!

David, this is one heck of a lot of sunflower seeds for consumption…:clown_face:
An excellent rendition of this amazing planted acreage. Would love to see this area in person…:+1:

That certainly is the multitudes and looks great.

David, this is a terrific take on this field of sunflowers running off into the distance. Definitely WOW.

Well this certainly fits the challenge, David. I love the way the other field intersects and the line of sunflowers just keeps going around it. Excellent.

David,

Such a fantastic display of the sunflower.

Colors and processing look terrific. Although the one small nit/observation is that I think the field of greens above the sunflower on the right appear somewhat over sharpened or a little crunch to me. Very minor though.

Lon

Spectacular photo. A multitude of praises. That being said have you considered a more pano effect by cropping a bit off bottom (to eliminate lower left open area)?

David: Enough sunflowers for an entire baseball season. I love how they recede into the BG and I also like the sky as a complementary element. Well done.>=))>