Sunny Seaweed

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This bit of seaweed has found a nice spot on the sand. It’s just lying there, soaking up the sun without a care in the world. You can tell it’s been tossed around by the sea, but right now, it’s as still as can be, enjoying a break from all that splashing around in the surf.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

70 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄160sec at ƒ/8

1 Like

Wonderful!! It has a very interesting shape and just the right amount of sand washed over it! I love the colors. Excellent find and very well presented!!

Thanks Diane, not for everyone I’m sure but I’m happy you see what I see! :pray:

Well I personally like it and did a whole series quite similar this summer. Your specimen has more complexity and variety in it and is pretty striking. I know zilch about seaweed so have no idea what it is. Great texture and grittiness. I am, however, going to move this to flora since it’s a plant and not something manmade.

1 Like

Thanks Kris, I will take a look at yours! And thanks for moving it, much appreciate it! :pray:

I don’t think I posted more than one or two, but they’re in my portfolio here somewhere.

Don, this is a feast for the eyes. There is so much to notice, even in the textures in the sand. I would like it hanging on my wall. I can also see it as a very high-end greeting card.

1 Like

Thanks Barbara that’s the ultimate compliment! An hangable image! :pray:

Hi Don,
This grabbed me immediately when scanning thumbnail images in the flora category. At first glance I though, wood carving, lithographic print, cameo plaster cast of some sort.

I think the colors, the composition of the seaweed itself, and the perfect balance of sand covering and exposed matter just makes this look classic in an unusually three-dimensional way.

Really wonderful to see.

ML

1 Like

Thanks Marylynne, I appreciate your feedback. My apologies for my late reply!

1 Like