Tropical Tranquility

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In taking this image, I found myself drawn into the natural stillness it presented, a moment of calm that I wanted to share. The way the soft light played with the subtle patterns, it made me feel at ease, and I hope it offers the same gentle break to anyone else who sees it.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

40 mm at ISO 1250 and 1⁄200sec at ƒ/8

3 Likes

I like the bright look of these leaves, Saundie, and the composition is lovely.

1 Like

Another great one, Don. There are more than one way to edit this photograph of course and I might have given it some more contrast, but this absolutely works. Very nice mood in this and one word that come to mind is elegant. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks Dennis! :pray:

Thanks, Holger. I totally agree with you; there would be a multitude of ways to edit this image. I think what I was aiming for was to accentuate the ‘fineness/delicateness’ of the texture. I found that this silvering seemed to achieve it best. ‘Elegant’ works for me. Thanks again Holger! :pray:

Don: I really like how you’ve rendered this and think the contrast is just right to create an ephemeral feel. Superbly crafted image.>=))>

1 Like

Thanks Bill glad you like it! :pray:

Wonderful use of monochrome for flora. Looks like a “beauty retouch.” Processing is excellent.

1 Like

Thanks, Tony. I apologize for my late reply; I’ve been road tripping.