Happy days

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Just a happy image I think. Where no description is needed .

Specific Feedback

All feedback is appreciated as always !

Technical Details

F16, 1/60 ,iso 800 ,24-120 at 53mm

9 Likes

Beautiful image. The only thing I could suggest would be to lighten the right side of that far tree to better match the left side and reduce its presence behind those lovely leaves.

Lovely soft feel to this image, Ben. Makes me think of spring and smiles. Nicely seen and captured.

What a marvelous creation! I hope the moderators reward you for this one. You could have eliminated the grass and simplified it even more but I like it because it gives you a sense of where we are. Beautiful work.

This is brilliant Ben! Simple and thoughtful, well done! :clap:

Outstanding, Ben. Beautiful and “happy” image.

This is absolutely gorgeous Ben! You are right; it is a happy image and makes me feel good. The fog softens the BG just enough to add an air of mystery. This ranks right up there with your best.

Ben, the background light and the scattering of backlit leaves do make for an enjoyable view. I also like the semi-abstract sense the the hanging branches and leave create.

@Ronald_Murphy, Ronald, I did experiment with that tree. But to me this seams to be the best lighting to use.
@linda_mellor Linda, meteorological spring has just begon today.
@Igor_Doncov Igor, To make a print I had to crop most of those grasses . That makes also a good image. (See my rework under this message.

@Saundie ,Don, thank you for your comment. @Michael_Lowe ,Michael. Thank"s for your nice words
@Ed_Lowe Ed, It’s nice to know that an image of me makes you feel good
@Mark_Seaver, Mark,It is good to know that you appreciate my image

I’ll fall right in line with the others Ben; this is really well done. It feels like looking through a stained-glass window. I like your title too.

1 Like

Dang Ben! I have nothing to add. This is a winner all around. Love it! The hanky for sharing it with us!

Ben,

I haven’t been around much, but this one stopped me in my tracks! Delightful! Was the first thing that came to my mind. But also, I think this is a slight departure from what you normally present - and I mean that in a most positive way! Your vision is every expanding and I love this!

I suppose this could be tweaked as some of the comments make sense - less grass, maybe lightening the tree in the bg… I think your repost is beautiful as well, although the original stands out as presented.

Wonderful vision here! Love this!

Lon

@Lon_Overacker , Lon,I am glad to hear(see) from you again. I mist your valuable pro comments and encouragements .
Thank you . Ben

Thank you David I love your comment.
Ben

Thank you for this special liking ,John. It was a happy day.
Ben

Well done on your EP Ben you deserve it! :clap:

This is so lovely! I never got around to commenting but it’s all been said above. I’m so happy it got so much attention and an EP – congratulations! Well deserved!

@Lon_Overacker , Thank you for the editors pick. It means a lot for me.

Thank you ,Don

Thank you so much, Diane.