Sunrise Panorama, Scorbysund, Eastern Greenland

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Spending 10 days photographing in the longest fjord in the world was an amazing adventure, but all the elements spoke to me this morning. The red rock mountain, the cyan icebergs and the multi hued clouds at sunrise.

Specific Feedback

appropriate use of space, color range, and any other critique you feel would be helpful.

Technical Details

Nikon D850, Nikon 24-129 mm lens at 92mm, ISO 64, f11 @ 1/6 second. 6 images stitched and processed in photoshop

1 Like

Gorgeous!! I love the natural red to blue transition and a wonderful blue and almost-red sky with the red on the opposite side of the frame. Small nit but I wonder about removing the lighter streak of sky in the ULC.

Hi Paul,
wow, what a breathtaking landscape. It must have been spectacular to see this scene with your own eyes.
I love the soft mood and the sublte colors.

If I had to change something about the picture, it would be two things:

1. There is a green/cyan cast in the ULC and URC in the clouds. Maybe you could push the cyan hue a little bit in the blue direction (but only localy).
  2. There is a yellow spot in the sky at the right edge of the image. My eye is always drawn to it. I would try to push the yellow hue slightly to orange and desaturate it a bit. Then it will fit better in the rest of the sky.
  3. I would remove the dust spots.

These were really just little details. Your picture is already great as it is.

Beautiful Pano, Paul. I love the blues and reds in the mountains. The icebergs are a great addition. Just a very small thing, but I agree with Diane about removing the light streak in the sky in the UL edge of the image. Nicely done.

Thank you. It was an awe inspiring scene. Will address the light streak

Thanks for your suggestions. Missed those dust spots