Sunset Glow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Was a calm evening as the sun set the sunrays appeared for just a few minutes before disappearing and the magic was over

Technical Details

ISO 64
F 7.1
1/50sec

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

This is lovely, with a smoky flavor to it! It feels like a hot day is yielding to a warm, humid night. (Excellent color grading, whether by you or by nature.) The lighting brings out the shapes of the trees very nicely, and the line of water moves toward the back with a pleasing path that is contained well at the right edge. It’s difficult to tell at this small size, but I wonder if the reeds on the right are a bit over sharpened? They are a nice shape but I don’t want to linger on them.

This is a lovely first post – welcome to NPN!! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

This is a really nice serene scene Ian. Wonderful first post. Welcome to NPN. I love the color scheme, the sun rays and the leading lines in this image.

Ian, this is a fine, peaceful view, with the waterway extending to the right doing a good job of inviting me to go exploring. I also like the visual balance between the waterway and the crepuscular rays from the setting sun. You timed this very well.

Thanks Diane for your kind words

Thanks Ed for taking the time to post a comment

Thanks Mark for your feedback

So pretty and calm! I can’t add anything to what the others have already said.