Sunset on the great ocean road

The Great Ocean Road in Victoria is a great location. 90% of the tourists stay close to the 12 Apostles. About 20km there are plenty of potential compositions around the Bay of Marty’s and Bay of Plenty

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I went for a zigzag type of composition looking for depth in the image with the eye hopefully resting around the sunset. Feedback on how you perceive the image would be useful.

Any pertinent technical details:

Iso 200 17mm f8 0.8s

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nathan,

You did well with this and yes, the lines and angles do lead the eye through the frame towards the sunset. The colors are soft and lovely and I like the flow of the water at the bottom. The rock formation is a little on the heavy side, but the large view opens up with some good detail for exploring.

Can’t really think of any suggestions to improve this. I was thinking perhaps some added contrast to the sky/clouds and sunset, but then again the ocean mist naturally reduces the contrast so maybe extra contrast isn’t needed. Looks good, a very nice oceanscape.

Lon

Nathan, I really like the composition here, especially the diagonal flow of the foreground rocks pointing to the center of the image. The soft, misty feel to the mid-ground is lovely as well, enhanced by the sun creating a backlit spray. The sky feels a little bright to me. I tried a re-work where I made a TK Lights 2 selection to curves adjustment layer, and pulled down on the curve. I also dodged the white water flow in the foreground, and the sandy portion of the left rock.

Beautiful coastal scenery. Love the wave action and soothing colors.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree the darker sky works better.