Superb Fairy Wren

I photographed This Superb Fairy Wren at O’Reilly’s in Lamington National Park in Australia.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 5D4, 100-400 with 1.4x 1/250 at 7.1 at 420mm, iso 1250.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Good pose and detail. I like the background and perch. A very nice composition.

Wonderful shot, Nate. The longer I look at it, the more I like it.

Great photo of a beautiful little wren!

Hi Nate
Great detail and color balance. I am always amazed at how shallow the depth of field is at f7.1 & 420mm. You what 3" here on this Wren? Nice work.
Peter

Fairy Wrens have to be one of the most beautiful groups of birds around, Nate, and you did this one full justice. If you’re not entering this in a contest, you might think about taking a sliver off the bottom and adding a similar amount to the top to de-emphasize the band of out of focus rock at the bottom.

Great species, Nate. By the looks of it and the technical data there’s wasn’t that much light, which works pretty good hear, otherwise the colours might have been too much. Love it the way it is. Cheers, Hans