Bewick's Wren

An unusual find here in the Pacific Northwest.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any
Iso-1600, 100-400+1.4 extender at 560 mm equivalent, F8, 1000th, Fuji XT 3. Handheld. 60% of full frame, Adobe camera raw 11.2, AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 5%.

### Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

David: this one evoked a wow from me on opening. Love the pose and detail that you’ve captured and the bird really pops against the oof background. Well done!! Richard

Wow…that is close for a tiny bird…
excellent detail and it is nice that the beak and head is all in the yellow BG.
Cool creative comp.

This is awesome. IQ is fantastic. Comp. is really creative. Colors are nice. I love that lichen. Really good.

I like the pose and the detail is excellent. The lichen and tree clearly shows off its habitat. For some reason, I’m not crazy about the background. Perhaps if it were darker. Obviously I’m in the minority here; must be how my brain takes things in.

PS. I tend to see a fair number of Bewick’s Wrens down here in the Willamette Valley.

Superb detail in the wren, David. I like your composition. I wasn’t sure at first, but the bluish triangle lines up well with the angle of the wren’s breast.

This a killer shot. Love that tack-sharp detail, and the pose. If it was my shot I would like to see what it would look like if I were to mask the bird then gently darken the yellow background to differentiate it more from the breast.