Surrounded

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

During the season my wife and I took a trip to the north of the State to photograph at a tulip farm. As you can imagine we composed a plethora of colourful images. However, my first and enduring love of a photograph, for me, is black and white. Yes, I started over 50 years ago. As such, here is the subject and I do like contrast.

Specific Feedback

Enjoy, offer suggestions or whatever takes your fancy.

Technical Details

Olympus E-M1 M2, 100mm, ISO 400, F5.6, 1/1000s. Cropped to square, contrast and believe it or not, converted to monochrome.

1 Like

Very good selective focus, Mark. I love all the highlight lines created by the leaf edges and the frilly flower contrasts very well with them.

The lighting on this is great Mark. The frilly edges really are striking. I also like the dark leaves that fade into the sides and BG like suitors for the belle of the ball.

Black and white offers a lot of territory to explore. This works very nicely. I don’t even miss the color here.

@Dennis_Plank @Ed_Williams @Tony_Kuyper Thanks everyone for your supportive comments. I guess colourful tulips are not usually subjects for black and white.