Swirls

I love long exposure photographs . I live close enough to the Pacific coast to practice shooting around the rocks. I took this image standing on a bluff above the beach. I was pleased to get some softening of the waves around the rock (and keep my feet dry).

Specific Feedback Requested

I would appreciate any comments, especially on composition and use of long exposure technique.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus OMD Mark II, 12-100 lens, ISO 200 , 66mm, f/8, 1.3 sec. Tripod & Lee filter either 6 or 10 stops.

Wonderful soft swirling water, Ann Louise, but you still have great detail in the rock with your long exposure technique. I do like how the rock is place with the surrounding water creating the movement and energy. Very nicely seen and executed.

Beautiful!!! The swirls to the right of the rock are wonderful! I might soften the dark spot in the UR as it pulls my eye a little. Cloning from the left of it with a couple of swipes at low opacity should do a good job.

@linda_mellor , @Diane_Miller : Thank you making some comments and suggestions. I agree, Diane, cloning that dark spot will be easy.