Tail of 3 Foxes

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

When I first took this photo I thought it was a fox squirrel the 2 were playing with. Later when I got around to processing it I realized it was a fox carcass they were playing with. It could have been the sire, as I only saw the adult female with the cubs.

Specific Feedback

Did need to sharpen with Topaz

Technical Details

Canon R6, RF 100-500mm lens @ 472mm
1/1000 F-7.1 ISO 1000 Hand held.

1 Like

John, you’ve captured some interesting behavior here and I have to wonder if the kits realize it’s Dad they’re playing with or just another toy found in their backyard. I like the action displayed here, with one paw in the air, and it appears they are playing the age-old game of keep-away, enjoyed by human children as well. They stand out nicely against the blurred background and both are sharp. Well done!

Thank you for your comments.

Wow! What a great action shot John. I love the expressions on both kits faces. It gives the viewer pause to think about the implications in this image. Great story too.

John: an excellent yet sad capture at the same time. I like the expressions on the kits as well as the action you captured. The subjects are nice and sharp and stand out well against the oof background.

It is beautifully captured highlighting the curiosity & playfulness of foxes.
You may tone down the BG greens and may go less pano if you like.

Great action and a very appealing shot!
I would frame them a bit less tight if that is possible. Also I think the first fox’s face might not be in the depth of field. However, sometimes capturing the moment is the most important thing, and, apart from being endearing, the photo tells us an interesting story.
Grt, Ingrid.

Congratulations of the EP John. This one is so cute.