Let Go mama!

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The story - seems like a lesson is being taught - the kit is pleading but the parent has its attention somewhere else ?

Creative direction

I am not trying to be creative - I try to reproduce wildlife as I see it

Specific Feedback

ANything goes - 2 subjects - any preference for composition ?

Technical Details

1/1600 sec, F 6.3, ISO 640 - handheld 800 on a Nikon Z9

Description

Was a sheer pleasure watching these whilst walking - i knew about these and carried my gear on my back

Great action you caught, Karl, and it looks very good technically. When I look at this image, I somehow feel that it would would work even better if the foxes were a bit higher in the frame, but maybe that’s just me or how I have my monitor positioned.

Seems to be a great year for foxes on NPN.

1 Like

A great year for foxes is right - what a terrific moment in the life of both these animals. The interaction is really great and not something I think I’ve seen before. With this scene and your skills, I don’t think you need to be creative to produce something people can relate to and marvel over. I really like that they were on a slight incline in the landscape - it adds just a little more interest.

1 Like

This is a crop - should have real estate to try your suggestion @Dennis_Plank - thnaks!

Thanks for your generous selection of words @Kris_Smith !

Terrific behavioral look at these two. Techs seem to be good, and I personally think the crop is about right. I don’t know what mom is trying to teach junior, but you can bet there’s a lesson in there somewhere! Well done.

1 Like

Great behaviour, beautiful moment and killer frame !
You may slightly burn the foxes, especially light areas and it may benefit from little boost in the contrast.
Cheers!

1 Like

Very lovely moment! I would just recommend cooling down the white balance a bit. Those orange foxes will really pop when the background goes more aqua toned.