The colors of the ice in the evening light

Image:

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: F5 /1/60 sec Iso 200 / 300mm

3 Likes

Unlike the abstract nature of this image. Difficult to tell the scale but that’s what you wanted an abstract. There are some interesting textural elements in the image; the bubbles in the ice. I think I would clone away the black.at the edge of the blue and pink towards the left corner. It pulls my

1 Like

I love the colors and the shapes. It looks as if some magical creature is trying to break the ice. I didn’t see the black at the edge. Beautiful picture.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the nice feedback. David, that black dot is like a thorn in the flesh. I left it in this picture to spark a discussion

Love the colour combo Jorma! Having the point so close to the LS creates a lot of tension but maybe that’s what you are going for.
I like all the different levels that exist in the ice. The bubbles, the shapes and what looks like an astro scene in the bottom right. For me the colours are very relaxing. So many wonderful abstracts hidden away in this one image. Great catch.

Jorma, the colors, textures and shape of the ice are very eye catching. Looks like some kind of strange bird’s head at sunset…

Light through ice is one of my favorite things. Makes me sort of miss winter. I enjoy how you composed this. My experience is that it can be a challenge to get ice to line up just so. It plays by its own rules.