The fog is opening in the hills

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This valley near Siena, in Tuscany, called Crete Senesi, is special because its soil is made of clay mixed with rock salt and chalk deposited when it was covered by the sea a few millions of years ago. These sweet gentle hills are like the dunes of the desert when the gibli makes sand fly. Early in the morning the fog is frequent in the valley and lifts discoving the top of the hills when the sun rises.

Technical Details

Z7ii, Nikkor Z 28-75mm at 60mm - 1/60, f/11, ISO 200.

1 Like

Gigi: I love how the villas stand out on the hill tops and the soft pastels in the sky. Beautiful scene superbly captured and presented. >=))>

@Giuseppe_Guadagno, this is a beautiful image! I love the softness, the balance of land and sky, and the hilltops with homes emerging from the mist. It’s so peaceful. Lovely!

I am loving this scene, Gigi. It is so peaceful and serene. The fog gliding across the landscape only reinforces that feeling as do the lovely pastel shades of color in the sky. The soft delicate light on the couple of villas is the icing on the cake for me. Beautifully done!

This is stunning! The fog/mist has brought out gorgeous shapes and the very muted colors are lovely!

Thanks to all for the appretiated comments. I am so glad that you love this image.