The Jagged Ledge

The title is a spin off from the movie The Jagged Edge.
This is a bit of bigger brother, Large Format vs Medium Format, if you will to an image I posted in the WC After The Floods (Monsoonal Fortress). This version is an earlier take during the spring before all the Monsoonal damage our So Cal deserts sustained. DVNP got some severe road damage and undermining from the Monsoonal seasonal down pours.

Specific Feedback Requested

ANY

Technical Details

Wista DX III 4x5 - Schneider 150mm lens - Ektachrome E-100

Good one, Paul. Ekatachrome E-100? Never used it, but this looks good.

DV areas are looking rather different than they did a year ago. While most of the roads are open again, the effects of the water and debris flow will be around for years.

@Harley_Goldman thank you for the comment on this JTNP image. The E-100 seems to work well so far. It leans a bit Astia look without post processing.
At this point in time Fuji seems to be almost done with LF stuff. They’re stating issues with pandemic & apparently supplies and or raw materials as the overall seizure. Velvia 50 is all but gone in most formats and although Provia is still out there it too is scarce. To date the E-100 is easy to obtain in popular formats 35-120-4x5.
I think Ben Horne is having issues finding anything in 8x10 excluding the always available B&W stuff in almost every format ever developed.

Beautiful image, Paul. I have always loved the Ektachrome colors (coming from someone who is red/green color challenged). :slightly_smiling_face: Excellent.

David, thank you for the comment here. As a long time ago now retired Telecommunications person I had to work with wire color codes often and no room for color variation allowed… :clown_face:

1 Like