The Meadow

I did some tweaking on this one from Yosemite in 2014: A crop from the right, and a burn down of the granite wall.

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor DX 18-140

Any thoughts you may have are always appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:
–P

1 Like

This is a real nice look at Yosemite, with its meadow, oaks and big walls. Minor, but I might make the tree on the left edge just above the meadow magically disappear. For some reason, I find it pulling my eye there. Otherwise, looks quite good to me.

Really enjoying the color in this meadow view, Preston. Has a crisp autumn look to it overall…:sunglasses:

Hi Preston,

The bright colors are very nice and Harley’s suggestion is worth trying. The small slice of tree did not bother me that much and noticed it after closely examining the image. Well done…Jim

Preston, the yellows have a fine “glow” and the distant wall seems just right in brightness. Very nice.

Preston, the yellows are positively glowing here, you did a great job of capturing/processing their color. I agree with @Jim_Zablotny that for some reason the tree looks less distracting in the larger version. Normally I would be concerned about placing yellow trees against a brighter background, but in this case it works for me, perhaps because the cliffs are sort of a blue/silver color. I might suggest slightly burning down, or vignetting the grass in the foreground, to draw more attention into the trees.

This is really nice Preston. I like the contrast between the vibrant autumn color and the granite wall. The reds in the foreground also add a lot of interest for me.

Preston,

Sorry for the late reply here. Just having returned from the Valley - I can report the conditions didn’t even come close to what we experienced a few years back.

You’ve captured a beautiful scene in the meadow here and I especially like the grasses/meadow floor and how you’ve managed the granite backdrop. Not a huge deal, but my only nit is that I find the contrast in the trees a little heavy, especially the darkness of the trunks. But I am really enjoying the vibrance of the black oak leaves and again, the meadow grasses and ferns.

Brings me back…

Lon