Autumn Spring, Yosemite + RePost

This was taken early one November morning in 2016 in deep shade just after sunrise.

Nikon D-7100
Nikkor DX 18-140mm @ 130mm
f-16 @ 6 s, ISO 100
ACR, PSCC, ample use of TK’s masks.

Your thoughts a re always appreciated. :slight_smile:
-P

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I did some tweaking on this one…

• Cropped a bit from the bottom, per Harley’s idea.
  • Inverted a TK Darks mask to work the contrast above and below the little cascade
  • Burned down the brightest leaves.

Any further thoughts you may have will be appreciated

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is real nice, Preston. Looks great as presented, but I might crop the bottom just above the leaf lower left corner. I find it cleans up the bottom, but really minor stuff. Well done.

Love this Preston! So, that’s what you were up early that morning! What I like are the nearly identical big leaf maple leaves on top and below the tiny cascade. Great contrasts here and the little needles are a great element as well.

Maybe just some selective burning of that leaf in the LLC as well as the set middle bottom edge would take care of Harley’s comment for me I think.

Excellent and quite print worthy me thinks.

Lon

I would add a vignette to draw more attention to the little cascading waterfall. The bright, yellow leaves make it hard to feel a sense of subject here.

Wonderful arrangement of details. Well seen, Preston. Processing looks good but I might burn down the leaves at top surrounding the one prominent leaf at center.

This is a lovely intimate scene full of some wonderful details, Preston. I particularly like those pine needles. This is not a big deal, but I could see toning down a couple of the leaves on the bottom section of the frame. Great eye to spot this.

Thanks, All. :+1:

Tweaked repost is above.
-P

Preston, my fist look on the original was going to suggest the brightness being too strong. The re-post is excellent. Of course the composition was wonderful as presented IMO…always enjoy the yellows. (Brings thoughts to mind of the old Astia yellows)…:grinning: