The Scream

I posted this in the old NPN more years ago than I care to remember, but felt it fit this topic, so here it is again.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D; 100 mm macro;1/320; f11; ISO100

1 Like

Hey @Allen_Brooks

I totally see the painting when I look at this image, it’s amazing the connections the brain makes.
The light is beautiful, filling the scene with gold and warm tones, just making the wood veins pop.
I do think that bit on the URC it’s a pain but I see that a tighter crop would mess up the composition. Maybe reducing the highlights of that shinny darker area could reduced the distraction it generates.
As it is, its a great interesting image thanks so much for sharing.
Cheers

2 Likes

Allen, that’s a great looking pair of owl eyes and knubbly nose. The tones in the wood are nicely warm and inviting. Too bad there wasn’t a bit more wood in the URC. I’d try some (or maybe even a lot of) burning-in up to reduce it’s visual influence. It’s a minor detail on a fine bit of vision (pun intended…).

1 Like

I think I remember this one, Allen. A beautifully polished piece of wood and a very cool face.

1 Like

What a great find, Allen - and how readily it does indeed bring the painting to mind. Wonderful choice for the theme !!

1 Like