Faces with photo this time

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: From Samsung phone.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Love this!! Great as is, but I think a little tweaking would take it to the next level:

• a little less room on the bottom and - if you have it, a little more at the top.
  • Burn or otherwise darken the brighter areas in the middle and left.
  • a quick swipe or two of the dodge tool at about 60% opacity across the dark areas of the mouth to bring just a bit of definition.
    Then, imo - excellent!

GREAT find and an excellent eye to have seen this!
Sandy

Jim, this is delightful, a wooden “scream”. The face stands out very well. I could see a bit of burning-in along the left, to keep the viewer’s focus in the frame, but the face is such an eye catcher that it dominates as presented.

Oh my goodness. It’s Muench"s Scream. Or it’s a Kabuki mask. Love it.

I’d say right in the middle of “Comedy and Tragedy…”

Great find, might crop slightly off bottom.

What a great find, Jim. Seeing Igor’s comment, I knew this reminded me of something.

Great find. No nits here.

Ha! Love it. I enjoy trying to find faces in old trees. This one looks like its lunch didn’t agree with it.

I might crop just a very slight bit off the bottom and right side-enough to de-emphasize the strong vertical line on the lower right edge. Also, it might just be the monitor I’m using, but I might also use a gradient to slightly darken the left half of the image.

Jim: What a great find and a superb capture. Really nice conversion as well. >=))>