The storm beginning to clear

Although it is not calendar perfect like so many of the photos I got during this Colorado trip, I love this one because of the mood. Beautiful, cold, dark, light, changing rapidly. In ten minutes the bright light was much more prominent and the scene felt totally different. This photo caught a brief intense moment in time.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Technical Details

ISO 100, 135mm, f/16, 1/25 sec, Canon 5d IV, EF 70-200 f/4 lens

1 Like

This is a fantastic image, Tony. I love the contrast between the fall color and the winter wonderland. The low clouds and the small beam of light on the white hills adds to the contrast. The division of snow and beautiful fall colored trees is a mind bender. Great job!!!

Wonderful light on this, Tony. I love the contrast of the fall color in the foreground with the snow in the background. Angled lines also add strength to the image. Well done.

Tony,

Excellent autumn image from your trip. Totally agree, great mood here. I much prefer this capture to your previous from the same area. This one is much better balanced and no distraction around the eddges. Tells a wonderful story of seasonal transitions.

I won’t consider this a nit really, but I’m not sure if I would consider it one… but my only comment on processing is wondering about the line of pines where they seem a little blocked up with little detail? Actually, I’ll take back the blocked up comment and just still with wishing there was a little more detail. But overall the contrasts are appropriate for the scene.

I suppose you could dodge the light on the snow for a bit more emphasis - if that fit your experience. Just a thought.

Lon

Perfect-enough for me! Lots of energy in the angles and I love the light in the center! I like @Lon_Overacker’s idea of brightening up the pines/firs/whatevers, if possible. I really like the stand of them in the distance on the right edge, to add some visual weight back there and act as a framing element.

Thanks for the comments @Lon_Overacker , @Diane_Miller, @David_Bostock , @Donna_Callais . I really appreciate the feedback.