The sun woke up

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

San Quirico is a small town located just between the Val d’Orcia and the Crete senesi in Tuscany. Near this town there is this place called Panorama, in Italian and in English. I was there before dawn and I’ve been lucky to see the sun rising in the haze.

Technical Details

Z7ii, Nikkor 70-200mm at 100mm - f/11, 1/10s, ISO 64

1 Like

Hi Guiseppe, this is beautiful! The golden light backlighting the fog makes for such magic in that location. I do think you might lighten up the foreground just a tiny bit. You don’t want to lighten shadows overall because it’s important to keep the contrast of the light in the fog/background. Love how the light ‘kisses’ the hilltops in the right center area, too. Lovely mood!

1 Like

Drop-dead gorgeous – as we say over here – that is the highest compliment! The viewpoint, shapes, quality of light and colors are superb! 11/10!

@brenda_tharp thanks for the good advise, I lightened a bit the darkest area in the foreground and the image is improved. Thanks again.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller I turned red for so many gratifying words! I am very glad that you liked so much this photo. Thanks.

Giuseppe this one is a true beauty! That subtle light on the hills on the right side of the image is maybe my favorite part…I love it! The processing is really well done too. Looking more closely the farms on the ridges in the distance on the left are great as well. I wish this image were mine!

Giuseppe this is a wonderful image, I have been to Tuscany several times and this image takes me straight back there, it has to be one of the most beautiful country sides in the world.
You have done it justice, lovely work! :clap:

@David_Wallace thanks for your comment I am very glad that you like the photo so much.
@Saundie yes this area of Tuscany is really beautiful. It is not far from my town and I visit it often. Thanks for your compliments.

Giuseppe, it is a profound pleasure to see your wonderful country through the lens of your camera. I agree with @Diane_Miller but I would like to see the reworked image.

@Barbara_Djordjevic with pleasure Barbara. It is not a big change but I think it improved my photo.

1 Like

Lovely!! Everyone loves to see revisions up close (and everyone learns so much from it) – you could edit your original post (the pencil icon in the lower right) and add the new one above the original – that way it is the one that will show in the thumbnails and likely the version that would be considered for the EPs.

Luck or not this is a beautiful image. Creates mystery and drama in a well composed scene.