A winter dayReworked

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another photo taken during my visit to Crete senesi inTuscany. I stayed there for four days but only one was positive while in the others the sky was painted with a dull grey and the light was absolutely flat and dark for the all day. Only in one morning the fog made the landscape interesting.

Specific Feedback

Please tell me onestly what you don’t like in the photo.
Reworked

Technical Details

Z7ii, Nikkor 70-200mm at 200mm - f/11, ISO 64, 0,5s

2 Likes

Beautiful atmospherics in this one, Giuseppe. Glad you were able to get at least one day that cooperated for you. I really love that one lone foreground tree on the hill top just beneath the castle in the background. I am also enjoying the layers in this image. I find the bottom of the frame where you have the sloping foreground grass to be a balance disrupter making the image appear to be leaning. You might be able to fix this by dodging that foreground section so it doesn’t stick out so much. There is a blue colorcast which looks pretty good actually but it also has a slight magenta hue to it. If you can reduce the purple hue just a smidgen and keep the blue I think it works well. I love your Tuscany scenes. It makes me want to visit some day. That says a lot about your images.
In coming back to this, I see a nice crop that makes this all about that tree on the hill. Crop from the top down to just below the castle and then crop in from the sides to retain the same aspect ratio. You could also crop from the bottom to remove the dark band but it’s just a thought.

Giuseppe, Wonderful soft mood in this image. The light is wonderful and the tree and ground level cloud (fog) make the image work well. I cropped the darker foreground as, for me, it distracts from the mood. Just my opinion.

Thanks @David_Haynes nd @Larry_Greenbaum for your comments and the excellent advices. I have tried to put them into practice and the image is surly improved. David I didn’t had the courage to cut more than this.

1 Like

Nice improvement with a terrific image.