The Wave

It’s been several weeks since I’ve had time to post anything. Here’s another composition from my early morning wanderings alongside on of Iceland’s great glaciers. Is it a wave? Is it a swan? Is it just an overhanging piece of melting glacial ice?

Specific Feedback Requested

Oh, just feedback on composition and/or post processing!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a7rIII, with Tamron 70-180 mm f 2.8; 128 mm, ISO 100, 1/25 second at f/22.

Post processing includes dodging in shadowed ice areas and burning some of the brightest areas of the sky; slight red adjustment to sky, application of the “Soft Pop” tool in TK8, and a final crop.

3 Likes

This is really well seen and something quite unique The textures in the ice are amazing!

A very interesting shape and great details in the ice. I love the contrast between the cool colors and the warm sky. Nice to have that distant mountain in the frame as well.
Very well seen and processed.

Jeff, it could be any of those things you mentioned. Wow. I love the composition and the overall scene. Well done. As others have said, very unique.

Really striking image! The ice looks darn cold and slippery and is a terrific contrast with the sun. The mountain and clouds add an atmosphere only found in the north. Bring us more any chance you get!