Ice

This is another shot from my trip to Iceland. This lake of glacial ice is very dramatic but it really plays havoc with the white balance and exposure!
It was a very bright August day and some of the whites are blown unfortunately, but I hope that the shot captures some of the beauty of this ice and the glacier where it came from.

Specific Feedback Requested

White balance. It was very blue over the whole frame, I have warmed it towards how I remember seeing it.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon D450 with 70-300mm @ 70mm

Ryan, I like the contrast of the chaotic foreground with the graceful mountain and glacier in the background. The different color tones between foreground and background seem to work nicely too. I think you’ve done a good job with the color balance. The whites in the foreground ice look just slightly blown, at least in the JPG. Easily fixed with a slight Highlights adjustment.

It’s an intriguing image that I like exploring in full size.

Cheers,
David

I like it. It’s the type of image that a person can look at for a while and visually explore all of the nice little details and I find myself being drawn to these types of images more and more. I also quite like the mountainous background which someone might mistake for a stormy sky at first glance. Really well seen!

Definitely an intriguing composition. Like David pointed out the contrast between the mountain in the graceful mountain in the background and the chaotic foreground creates a nice contrast. The white balance looks good to me I can’t see anything I would change. Beautiful image!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.