Thistle to Be & repost

Reworked…

These were on the side of the road and caught my eye. I liked photographing it with the purple one in the background.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
55mm
1/200
f/16
ISO 400
Did 11x8 crop

apani.hill
1 Like

The OOF echo (that’s what I call this kind of image) is a tough one to pull off. I like how it can show different stages of development like here, but it’s also kind of an eye-magnet. Maybe try reducing the contrast and saturation of that one so we keep our attention on the subject.

I like the crop and the detail in the thistle to be. The colors are soft and rich - nice job. All the fuzzy webbing looks like it has been mobbed by spiders, but I think that’s just how they are. I love how goldfinches flock to them once the seeds appear.

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith for looking and your feedback! I’m so excited because I finally figured out how to do local adjustments in Lightroom mobile! So I was able to do what you suggested! How does it look now?….

This is very lovely, and you did a good job with @Kris_Smith’s suggestion. A big advantage here is the soft light. It’s always a quandary how to compose an image when things pop in from an edge, and I think it might be a nice alternative to have a vertical with more on the bottom, but there may have been distractions there. That’s not a criticism of this image, which works for me, but just thought for the next time.