Those darn Starlings!

Too bad they’re considered a pest bird as they can be rather attractive. I liked this primarily for the perch. The background is water and the birds are facing the sun about 1 1/2 hours after sunrise.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm. 1/640 at f6.3; ISO 1250

1 Like

It is amazing to me, Allen, how these birds blend in so well to the perches they are resting on. Beautiful detail in the trees. I think having the background simple and subdued helps set the Starlings off just a bit more. Nice capture.

1 Like

I like it. The birds and the perch are so complimentary. The colors, the spots and the spiky points all work together. It is also nice to see both birds looking off to the left.
Well seen.

1 Like

A beautiful perch and Starling in breeding plumage are gorgeous. If they just weren’t so prolific and aggressive I’d love them.

1 Like

Nice light and species in this shot. And great to have two of them in the frame. I doubt a little about the bark connecting the two birds, it is a little distracting for me; but then again, it was there. All in all a very pleasing image. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

The warm sunlight is the star in this image. Yeah we all have less than positive feelings about these birds. You have done a good job with the composition, color, and detail. Around my house they are real bullies and prevent other birds from approaching my feeders.