Starling

Hey, it’s not its fault it was introduced and has become a pest bird. It has nice iridescent colors and is supposed to be fairly intelligent.

Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon 7D Mark II; Sigma 150-600 at 500mm. 1/400 at f6.3; ISO 125.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I can’t get this photo to open full screen. But from what I can tell in the small image, it looks very nice. Great colors and the feather adds a nice touch. I like the composition, although maybe a touch tight at the bottom but not a big deal.

1 Like

Fine color and detail. The feather in the mouth is pretty cool. I can attest to their intelligence with respect to how they behave around my feeders. And yes they are pests. They bully the other smaller birds around the feeders. And they eat more than their share. For the last two years, I have had at least 50 juveniles hanging out right after they have fledged. Ice typically need to stop feeding the birds when they are around. I even have feeder in a cage that only the smaller birds can get to.

Lovely iridescence in the feathers, Allen. I love the feather. To my eye, the plumage looks a bit “grainy” whether do to noise or processing or a combination thereof, I’m not sure, but it’s still a lovely image.