Time for dinner

What technical feedback would you like if any? any and all. the light was somewhat harsh. i dealt with it as best as my photoshop skills allowed. any suggestions ?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 640 278 mm 7.1 1/2500

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Frank, the processing looks fine… I’m guessing you couldn’t rescue the highlights? It’s generally something to watch out for when shooting (something I often forget about), whenever white fur shows up in a frame. Dialing in -1/3 to -2/3 compensation may help rescue the details in the bright areas.

Overall, I think you had the right angle for this interesting interaction… the cubs’ expressions of anticipation are more important than the mother’s face, IMO, so this works well. I do think you could crop from the bottom. Leaving the subjects in the middle of the frame like this just means the eye gets dragged downward into a lot of empty grass.

Max

Great moment, Mom is getting back with food, the curiosity in the eyes of cubs is so wonderful ! Like Max suggested, you may crop little foreground and go more pano.