Time To Reflect

Image:

Description:

At 4:30am in Mishaka Pond in Nagano, Japan when there is no wind, it shows perfect mirror reflection. Because of the water is too acidic, no marine life exists thus the water shows its crystal clear transparency.

For the editing, I’ve tweaked just a little bit of contrast (shadows darker, highlights brighter) to bring up textures & details a bit, but I’m not sure if this was overdone.

Specific Feedback Requested:

All comments, suggestions are welcome! This is my first time trying weekly challenge, and thank you for taking the time to look at it!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Hand-held, ISO 100, 50mm, f/5.6 1/40 sec

2 Likes

Such a beautiful first submission for the weekly challenge, Misaki. Lovely representation of symmetrical landscape.

1 Like

So beautiful and peaceful, Misaki. I love it.

1 Like

Misaki, welcome to the weekly challenge. The mirror perfection of the water’s reflection looks great. This is very peaceful and inviting (in spite of the acidic water). We’re looking forward to more posts from you, as well as comments on the posts of others.

1 Like

Nice one! Reminds me strongly of a pond near my old home in New Hampshire, USA. Great greens and angles. Plus it was a mill pond so very still most of the time. Really beautiful light in your scene and I like the strip of grasses along the shoreline.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Linda- I appreciate your kind comment!

1 Like

Thank you very much, David- I’m so glad to hear that you love it! So honored.

Thank you for welcoming me, Mark! I appreciate your comment- and you are right, in spite of the acidic water and knowing this pond was created mainly for farming purposes it brings such peace and tranquility. Being more active in this wonderful community is certainly one of my resolutions for this year!

Thank you so much, Kristen! I guess we all have our favorite ponds- this particular pond is located on a high hill where it’s quite windy once the sun appears, so I was very lucky to witness the perfect reflection early in the morning! I also brought up the highlights on the strip of grasses as you mentioned- so I’m really glad to hear the positive thoughts about it! Thank you again for your kind comment.

Wow – wonderful light on a gorgeous scene!! It conveys a special peacefulness. Not overdone at all!

I look forward to more of your work!

1 Like

Thank you very much Diane for your kind and welcoming comment! I’m glad to hear that the post-processing did not seem overdone. The place looked magical and I was in complete peace in solitude, so I’m glad to hear it reflected that in the photograph!

A very nice reflection landscape, Misaki! That calm water makes for a great reflection and the bright grasses at the shoreline really amplify the symmetry. The large version is particularly nice as it has much more presence, as if you’re right there. Great shot and welcome to the Weekly Challenge! It’s a fun category and it makes you dive into your archives regularly! :wink: