Tiny Dancer

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D5, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8
f8, 1/2000sec, ISO 400, 200 mm
Bright overcast sky.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

ig cheryl_a_kuhl

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Great job with the whites here, Cheryl. The overcast sky makes a great backdrop for this Egret and really lets the colors in the legs and face stand out.

1 Like

Cheryl, this is truly a wonderful stop action, high key image. I agree with Mark that the overcast sky really does make for a wonderful background for the colors of the legs and face to really stand out nicely. Love the position that you caught him in. The Snowy Egrets can really put on Dancing with the Starts to shame! Love to see them when they put on a show. :+1::+1:

1 Like

A very lovely image!

1 Like

Cheryl: A really beautiful rendering of this beautiful bird. I’m not an avian guy but this transcends genre IMO. :+1::+1:>=))>

Such a flight of fancy, here. This is just a really sweet, and well done image.
–P

1 Like

A gorgeous capture of this egret, Cheryl! The white on white gives it a very artistic look. Nice job with the exposure, as there is no significant loss of detail in the highlights. Looking at the large version, there is nice stop action and details in the wing feathers which is pretty fortunate as I have found 1/2000 to be pretty much the bottom line for stopping flapping wings. It isn’t enough for ducks but does pretty good with eagles and I’m sure the size of the bird was a helpful factor here.

Thanks Gary for your very kind words and support. It gives me some confidence to experiment with new techniques. Total agreement with your comments on shutter speeds.

Bill, it makes me so happy to see your comments. Never wanted to make images that appeal to just one audience.