Toad in moss

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony A7ii Vanguard alta pro tripod ISO200 F/10 1.3sec

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Kyle, I like the mix of toad and moss, with the greens and the details in the toad looking very good. The light is on the harsh side, with a bit too much brightness. You may be able to tone the brightness down in processing, but this would be a fine catch on a day with a light to moderate overcast.

I like the mix as Mark said, of the toad in his environment with the moss. I believe Mark gave you some good advice. Sometimes when we are in harsh light, a diffuser can help if you can hold it over the critter without scaring him off, making for a nice shaded subject. Just a thought for future shots. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hi Mark, thank you for the critique. I actually have another image that isn’t as bright but i was concerned about the sharpness. Probably should have used it anyway.

Hello Shirley, thank you for the critique. I have another image of this shot that isn’t as bright but i was concerned about the sharpness. I carry a diffuser with me and it didn’t cross my mind to pull it out because finding the toad surprised me.

1 Like