Tri-colored Heron

I found this heron walking under the mangroves at Ding Darling NWR, Sanibel Island, FL.

Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600mm C, monopod
ISO 640, f7.1, 1/3200s

Any comments appreciated.

2 Likes

I like this very much. The dark background really accentuates the heron and the inclusion of the leaves above really helps with understanding the environment. Very nicely captured.

A real pretty shot. I really like the contrast with the bright heron and dark bg. It makes the heron pop. I also like that the heron’s head is framed by the above brighter leaves. Full stride and a nice side view. It is a dandy.

Nicely composed with the heron’s pose and the leaves above and a lot of room for the heron to walk into. I would agree with Keith that the composition gives one a sense of place. Nice capture.

I love the dark background and the long stride leg position, Allen. The head and neck positions are also perfect. these tall waders have about three absolutely perfect positions when they’re moving and you caught one of them.

The dark BG makes the bird stand out extremely well and the leaves in the upper part of the images create balance. Very nice, Allen ! Cheers, Hans

Well composed with wonderful lighting. Nice contrast between the grays and the dark areas of the surrounding environment. Pleasant reflection. No nits that I notice.

Allen, this is a look at this Tri-colored Heron. As others have commented already, he stands out nicely against the dark BG.

Hi Allen
A really nice walk-about. Nice work.
Peter

Nice shot with some habitat too. The heron shows up well against the dark BG. Well done…Jim

Wonderful photo…everything about it is just right. I agree with all that’s been said above. I really like how the bird’s legs and the reflection of the legs forms a diamond shape. Great job!

Bird looks great, and I also like the dark BG and foliage. Only thing to add is that it looks like you need a little counter-clockwise rotation.