Tribute to Mr. Adams

This was take a couple of days earlier than the color image from Artist’s Point. It had snowed overnight and when I got to the Tunnel View parking lot I knew I had an Ansel Adams image. I’ve always admired his winter shot from here: http://thewordofward.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ansel-adams-1942-yosemite-valley-clearing-winterstorm.jpg

As you can see here, the foreground trees are blocking some of the view, just as they did in Mr. Adam’s image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 1Ds II, 45mm TSE, 1/10 sec @ f/16, ISO 100

9 Likes

Beautiful tribute to Saint Ansel. Love the fog and the mood. Tunnel View is one of the only crowded places I will these days. The view is just so exceptional. Good one.

Very dramatic - a good tribute to AA. The foreground trees act to frame the scene, I think, rather than blocking it.

1 Like

Very nice image David. I love the low clouds in the valley.

Wonderful capture of this wintery scene.

Wow, this is so beautiful! I’ve only seen some of Ansel Adams work. I think you’ve done a wonderful job of not just imitating but making it your own.

Thank you @Harley_Goldman, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Tom_Nevesely, @DJLeland, and @Vanessa_Hill for the kind comments.

Tremendous tribute to the master. Great atmosphere in both the clouds and the fog along the Merced. I’m with Harley, this is one of the few busy places I will go anymore. Tunnel view is just incredible and stirs the soul. Beautiful. Makes me want to be there right now. Bridalveil falls is flowing nicely too for winter.

Boy, that’s nice David. Love the mood the fog and snow create. The black and white work very well.

1 Like

Very nice image
Very balanced and impactful. I love the line created by the low clouds taking the eye through the frame.

1 Like

I echo all the other’s comments. A wonderful tribute to Ansel Adams, and this view never disappoints.

1 Like

David, This might be a tribute to Mr. Adams but have have to take some credit yourself for a perfectly executed shot and a well chosen day.

1 Like

Gorgeous. You nailed the “Zones”. Beautiful tonality.

1 Like