Turkey Vulture

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

This is one of 5 Vultures that were hanging around in a large dead tree. I got several poses but this one’s posture kinda spoke to me. I used my D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/1000th, f/8.0, ISO 140, 700mm, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice detail, particularly in the head, where it counts, Dave. That’s probably the best eye contact I’ve ever seen in a vulture image. Given the lightness in the blacks on the bird, the sky looks rather dark.
A nice clean composition.

Dennis
Sometimes my camera reeeeally hands me an impossibly blue sky causing me to back the blues up some. I think I’ll take a look at this image with a less saturated sky. Thanks, as usual, for you guy’s input that I’m mostly absorbing. It’s causing me to rethink, and try to sharpen my chops.

This is a rather beautiful capture of a TV, Dave. I have never had anything interesting from them. I think reducing the saturation on the blue channel by a few points is enough to address Dennis’s concern.

Fascinating perch pose. Good job on the detail. I agree with Adhika’s idea to decrease the saturation or even the luminance in the blue channel.