Twin Peaks

When weather pulls in over the Paria Plateu, it can go from a fluffy cloud scene to a threatening storm in matter of minutes. This particular day, I was lucky to be just outside of the approaching storm’s reach, yet was able to enjoy this drama unfolding in the sky.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcomed!

Technical Details

17mm, 1/40sec, f/11, ISO160, single shot

3 Likes

Fritz,

Awesome drama in the sky and terrific use and choice of the b&w. Could be a little dark as a matter of opinion, but then presented any other way would certainly be less dramatic!

Terrific interpretation. I could see a 4x5 presentation with less off the bottom, but that’s pretty minor suggestion.

Lon

Very nice Fritz. I really like the composition and the way you have centered all the elements of the shot. I read Lon’s comment but I was wondering about lightening the upper left and lower right corners a bit since they are so dark, but maybe just an overall moderating of the tone would meet both of our suggestions. Of course the darks do really focus your attention to the center of the image…

Thank you, Lon. I like the idea of a 4x5 crop. Will try that. As for the exposure, I tried it less dark, and in my eyes it lost the punch/drama. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

This is why I like submitting images here. It is always good to have a fresh set of eyes on an image. I will try lightening the areas you mentioned. It might just have been a bit too dark of a vignette. Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi Fritz, this is really a stunning image. I love the B&W treatment and the focus the vignette provides. I agree with the others that a less strong vignette should still accomplish the focus, but be less obvious.

I like @Lon_Overacker’s suggestion of a 4x5 comp, however it would make it an entirely different image, still a terrific image, just having a different feel to it.

Well done.