Undefined species

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Close to my home for some weeks now we have this Yellow Wagtail. It seems however to be either an (1) unusual variety or (2) a hybrid, but unclear so far what exactly. Someone is said to have collected some poo for DNA testing, maybe one day we’ll get the answer. That aside, it’s the perfect photo model, as it lacks any shyness and I could approach it without any camouflage. Just a bit of patience and slow approaching granted me this full frame image.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Nikon Z9 with 500mm | 1/1600s | f4 | ISO720 | from monopod

3 Likes

Beautiful singing pose and setting, Hans. You might think about removing the white blob from the leaf below and to the left of the bird. It really grabs my eye and it’s not well enough defined to add interest for me.

Hi Dennis, thanks for your suggestion, I may just do that. Unless something is really disturbing I hardly clone things out, but this is an easy fix and it makes sense. Thanks ! Will upload the cleaned-up version :wink:

Hi Hans, Love the singing pose and the environment in this image. Well caught. Repost is a bit of an improvement IMO. Well done.

1 Like

Looks great, Hans. The singing bird among some nice green sure speaks of spring and joy.

1 Like

Looks good and I never would have noticed the white blob. But I’m glad that the redo was posted. Comp is fine and I like the subtlke colors in the scene. Well done.

1 Like