Yellow Warbler

Another from the session in my blind a few days ago. It’s been cool and foggy until noon since this and the non-feeder birds have been too busy looking for food to get to the water features very early, so this is my only sighting of this guy thus far.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. Cropped some off the right and then added canvas there using content aware crop because I wanted to get rid of the perch holder on that side.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

A tighter crop than I would normally like, but it landed close to the end of the perch where it entered a pvc pipe that holds the perch. Does this still work?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, tripod with ballhead and Sidekick, f/8, 1/400, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 11 MP. Taken May 29th at 11:56 am under cloudy skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A nice close-up look at the warbler. The loose piece of bark adds some interest. Your setup gives you a nice background.

Wow Dennis I think this is terrific. Love the pose with the body angled toward us and great eye position. Nice background and perch. Sharp. A species I have rarely seen (and zero shots for me) – makes me want one of those water feature thingies you have. Well done!

A beautiful shot of this little guy, Dennis. Such good color and detail. The perch is really nice.

Really excellent image of this Yellow Warbler. No nits here. Superb color, detail, perch and background.

Nice image. Not too tight for me. Perfect for a field guide. Good detail and a perfect pose. My only suggestion is to provide a more interesting perch for your setup.