Butterbutt

A break from the Sharpies (I only took 1451 frames of them) and another warbler from my blind a week ago. In this case a Yellow-rumped Warbler.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Quite a bit of cleanup of minor debris in the water-are there any major omissions or evidence?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does the composition work? Is it too tight?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 546 mm, tripod with ball head and sidekick, f/8, 1/250, iso 2000, fill flash at -2 1/3, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4698x3168 before resizing for the web. Taken at 9:36 am on August 16th under overcast skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

One of your best. Not even a tiny nit. Excellent!

Dennis: Nice frame of this little warbler. I never tire of seeing warblers and vireos. Cool birds. Techs look great.

This is really nice, Dennis. And I never tire from looking at all of your nice shots at your “pond”. The details and the reflection in this pretty Warbler is really great. :+1::+1:

Excellent color, position of the bird, and water. I like the contrast between the avian colors and the aquatic colors. Looks like your point of focus was on the breast area of the bird.

I love this one and keep coming back to it. The cuteness factor is off the charts. Colors and detail are excellent. Not too tight and I love the reflection. Perfect as is!

Beautiful shot Dennis, great eye contact, colors and reflection!