Yellow-rumped Warbler AKA Butterbutt

We had an overcast that persisted until after 1:00 this afternoon, so I was able to get a few hours in my blind with nice mellow light (albeit, rather dim). This is the first day this year that I’ve gotten some of the less common species (for here) coming in for baths.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything. I cleaned up some debris in the background and burned part of the background to mellow it out.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/9, 1/640, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 7920x5656. Cleanup and selective burning on background and a bit of touch-up to emphasize the bird with the local adjustment brush in LR. Taken at 12:41 PM today.

Wonderful detail! I’d take a bit off the top, to just below the shelf on the rock, and wonder if there is more detail in the shadows. The bird may be gray except for the yellows, but we so often see a bit of a warm cast, I wonder about a tweak to WB to give the bird a bit of warming.

A nice look at the warbler with good detail and showing the yellow areas. Good pose and perch. For some reason I find my eye drawn to the dark upper right.

Good job on the pose and setting. You got a nice head turned. Detail and color work quite well. The background processing paid off. A nice image.

Hi Dennis
The gray, white and yellow detail in this Warbler look great. I agree with Diane about taking a little off the top of the frame. I just think that crop could give a better balance to your photograph. Nice looking shot.
Peter