Unknown

What makes this image expressive?

A June morning with fog is a rare event in South Florida. The weather apps were spot on with their prediction. I was excited to get my camera out and start shooting. I had no idea how the images would turn out with the unknown conditions . As the morning progressed the fog became thick and left me feeling lost as to how the images would look on the iMac . I discovered that morning, because of the unfamiliar conditions, I took my time capturing the images and spent more time soaking in the moment. I was definitely surprised at some of the pictures.

Specific Feedback Requested

Would love to know what went well(if any) and a next time

4 Likes

Thank you so much Mozzam for posting. My first impression with the image is how you have preserved a feeling of depth and remoteness in the scene. The foreground really feels close, and the palms in the distance do feel enveloped in fog and that contributes a lot of abstraction to the scene.

The treatment of the sky is delicate and respectful.

This sounds like a fantastic morning you had; I’ve shot a few times in Florida and can imagine June can be pretty humid and muggy. This feels humid of course, but the dew on the grass also makes it feel colder.

The word that keeps coming back to me here is respectful. You have reacted to the scene sensitively, listening to the image and allowing it to speak itself rather than just maxing out sliders to create more impact. I’m impressed by that and it tells me a lot about you as a person.

Beautiful image, loads of atmosphere and very thoughtfully presented. Thank you.

Thank you kindly Alister. I do appreciate your kind and sincere words. When you give respect, nine out of ten times you will receive same. I continue to discover in my photography journey the same applies. When you take your time and become emotionally involved with your scene, the scene would give you what you want. Thank you again for taking the time to look at my picture. Looking forward to the book.