Unveiling

Mt Adams at Trout Lake

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D800, 24-70 @ 34mm

Not the usual image from there where the mountain takes up most of the space, and why I really like this one. There is a tendency to zoom in on Adams because it is so beautiful from that location. The clouds are fantastic. I see two images here: as presented and one with water cropped out. Excellent.

Dan, this is an incredible shot! Love the levels of detail and different layers of the scene. I first noted Mt Adem’s, but then I was drawn to the sky and cloud layer, but was also drawn to the foreground where the reflection was incredible (is that a muskrat in the water?)… I could spend hours looking at the scene seeing different aspects of the scene. Thank you!

Very nice Dan, there are lots of interesting details and aspects to this image for the viewer to appreciate. I like the dappled light on the trees, especially the spotlight effect on the right. With clouds like this, you made a good choice to emphasize them in the composition. My only nit is that i wish there was slightly bit more room at the bottom, not much just a little.

Beautiful scene with great light and complimentary elements. As an alternate composition I might try a pano crop which includes the puffy clouds, green fields and the beautiful reflection. I also wish the bottom of the image show the entire puffy cloud.

Beautiful, a masterful composition. The darkness of the empty space on the right balances the mass of the lighter clouds on the left. Well done!