Upper Geyser Basin #1

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Any pertinent technical details:

Hand held, polarizing filter, ISO 800, 1/125, f16

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Wonderful details, colors and shapes in the large version, Don. This has a nice diagonal flow to it from the LLC to the URC.

Don, I love the rich color as well as all the details throughout. Everything seems to lead me to the top center where I feel like everything is going to get sucked in… Lot’s of things to explore and imagine here.

At first I wanted something cropped down to enjoy the color and details even more, but honestly I think the way you have presented it works perfectly.

Lon

I like this image. The light, color and texture keep my eyes moving throughout the frame to explore every detail. Nicely done!

Don, great abstract image. I really like the white balance you chose here, it accentuates the warm/cool color contrast. I agree with Lon, i wouldn’t crop anything, it’s great as presented. On most of my trips to Yellowstone, I’ve concentrated on wildlife photography, but if I ever go back again, I would like to do more geyser abstracts/intimates like you have here. Nicely done !!

Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for your comments.

I photographed this same feature in 2010 and it is flat and uninspiring. I think, this year, I benefited from better light (I could see my shadow but it there was a thin overcast.). Also the hydrology was a little different. My lesson: keep trying until you get it right.