Urban Jungle Waterfall

After some rain in Southern California, the local creeks have some water flowing. Some. Water. :slight_smile:

Some of the boulders that surround this little pond are, alas, set in place by concrete. You can see the concrete pour all along the waterfall rock face. That’s why I put this in the “Non-Nature” category. Still, it is a pretty scene, and anyway I wanted to practice long exposure and focus stacking.

Specific Feedback Requested

Temperature? I used LIghtroom’s white balance eyedropper and clicked on the gray boulders on the UL margin of the image. This was in the morning, with overcast skies and no direct sunlight. It still looks a little warm to me. What do you think?

Also, in PS I added a slight Orton effect at 15% opacity. Does that add some warmth?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
3 images, changing focus for background, mid, and foreground.

Each image on tripod for 10 seconds, 26mm, f/8, ISO 200

Focus stacked in PS. Some darkening of the bright boulders around the upper half of the pond, especially the upper left. Also some brightening of the waterfall and pond itself. A slight Orton effect has been added.

Hard to judge the temp without being there. Processing looks reasonable, but the scene…well…I’m not drawn in by anything. Sorry. I probably would have tried to work it, too, though.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look and sharing your thoughts @Kris_Smith! Ha Ha…you mean that massive and magnificent waterfall didn’t capture your imagination? :slight_smile: Like you said, I worked it… Thanks again.