Canon EOS 5d3
EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM

ISO200
130mm
f/4.5
1/250s

@bezzios
1 Like

The contrast between the black sea and the white foam is a very attractive subject. My aesthetic would tend towards cropping the top of the scene so that the foam line was closer to 1/3 (on average) rather than splitting the scene more evenly. Could you also pull the lights and darks in the rocks a part a bit more (using constrast or even even very selectively dodging the areas of the pebbles that are reflecting the most light)?

Thanks for posting the image.

I assume the intent of this image was to achieve a shutter speed that created a neat stop action look in the foamy water going over the rocks. And you succeeded in getting a really neat look in the foam. To me, the most interesting part of the foam is right on the line where it meets the rocks. So I agree with @jefflafrenierre advice to crop some away from the top. Not only would this create a less static 50/50 horizon, it would also call more attention to the best part of the foam.

This has a wonderful ebony/ivory vibe. I agree with both @jefflafrenierre’s suggestions.

I liked the advice, but I thought that moving it to the upper third was distracting if for no other reason that the depth of field. I tried the lower third as well, just to say I did.
Definitely cleaning up the reflections on the rocks was a good call, thank you!