Violet-green Swallow without Environment

While I enjoy taking and posting photographs of birds with a fair amount of environment, sometimes there are good reasons for going the other way. In this cast, the Swallow was perched at the end of one branch of an old treetop that I repurposed as perches for bird-bath waiting. there was really no environment to include. The reason for cropping so closely is to make the frost crystals on the perch and the water droplets from melted frost on the face of the bird visible. I’d never seen this on a swallow before and thought it was interesting.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, Sony FE200-600 @ 600 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/1600, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image, plumage enhancement with Topaz Detail 3. Cropped from a horizontal to 2844x3048. Taken at 8:23 am on March 18th in the fog.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

That is quite the shot, Dennis. Love the moisture that is visible on his face as well as on the perch. Close in was the only way to reveal that. Sometimes it requires a close shot like this, with little in it. The greens on the bird as well as on the perch is complimentary. Love that head turn, like he is wondering what you are doing.

Wonderful detail in this image, Dennis. Your point listed is well taken and is a unique perspective here… :+1:

This is a great look at the swallow with good colors and detail. The high key composition works well and apparently this was the environment the swallow was in.