Violet-green Swallow

We finally are getting a stretch of nice spring weather and the extra light brings out the colors of the birds. I liked this image for both the shadow on the nest box and the way it shows where this female swallow gets her name.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Any pertinent technical details:

Sony A6500, Sony FE200-600 @ 600mm, hand held, f/8, 1/1600, iso 640, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped and straightened with the lower left corner being created by content aware crop. I cloned out a small section of the 2x4 that supports the box from just above the right edge of the box. Selected the swallow with Topaz Remask 5 and used Topaz Detail 3 to enhance feather texture. Some adjustments to exposure and saturation to help emphasize the colors of the swallow, though not out of the realm of reality. Taken April 7th at 8:02 am in my front yard.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

You captured some very nice color and detail and the head turn is nice as well.

Really love the expression on this little fellows face Dennis. And the detail in the feathers is great.

Wonderful color and details in this beautiful swallow, Dennis. That head turn towards you, with a look of what do you think you are doing really adds to the image.

Very pleasing color in detail on this one. Well composed with nice diagonals and textures. Really good job on the plumage.