Vøringsfossen waterfall

This is one popular waterfall on the west side of Norway, not far away from Bergen. Its a very tourist- photo-friendly site as there is a long and secure walking path overlooking the waterfall.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D5 f16.0 1/15 ISO100
14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8
Shot Aug 31st 2020

What a wonderful place you have captured! I really like the light in this scene as well as the mist. Due to some reason, I am not that pleased with the foreground, does it draw to much of the attention?

Tom, what a wonderful location this is, and your perspective is almost like what one would get from flying over it in a helicopter. I think your composition is very good, the foreground adds depth, and i love that we get a side view of the waterfall, but are also looking straight down the gorge. And the light in the distance adds a nice element here too.

My only suggestion would be similar to what @Ola_Jovall mentioned, the foreground. In my opinion it is slightly too bright and too warm, which holds my attention there too long. I think I would darken, cool, and maybe slightly de-saturate the foreground.

Thanks Ola, incidentally I was considering cropping that foreground before posting, but did’nt - now with Ed also agreeing, I will make an adjustment - thanks!

Thanks Ed, @Ola_Jovall and your comment is very much appreciated - and I will make the suggested adjustment of the foreground - it makes very much sense.

Tom, regarding the rework that is what I had in mind in terms of processing. But I also like your crop, it also helps make the foreground less prominent. This must be one very impressive place to experience in person…

Good job on the rework, as the foreground dominance was also my first thought upon opening the image. You might even burn the brighter spots still in the foreground, but minor. Looking good.

Thanks Ed, and yes, its a great place, but I do not think I am exaggerating if I say its even better in real life - you should go there and see for yourself - thanks again, Ed for your nice words and encouragement.

Thanks Harley, much appreciated!