Vortex of colors inside hydrangea flower

I have a patch of hydrangea plans in my garden. Flowers are almost done with blooming but there is so much variety in colors there.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any comment

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any comment

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 5D mark IV, Lensbaby Sweet 35, f/16, ISO 100, 1.6 sec,36 mm extension tube,

single exposure

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Lana: I like the flow of light in this. The lensbaby effect isn’t overt or overstated. Nicely done. >=))>

Thank you for your kind words, @Bill_Fach. :wink: I am trying different lenses. This is the one I took with Canon 100 marco + extension tubes lens. Rather similar composition. Let me know your thoughts.

I like both of them. I like the composition on the second image better with a nice flow. Great colors in both.

Appreciate, @ravi ! Still learning how to work with different lenses. Definitely extension tubes take sharpness down quite a bit.

Both are lovely and hold my interest with compelling composition, colors and textures. The Lensbaby gives a pleasingly subtle effect. Both lenses are worthy weapons. I wonder about darkening the lightest area just a little. For the second post, I wonder about a darker gradient from the lower left corner, or even a 90 or 180 degree rotation to put the darker areas on the bottom.

I see your point, @Diane_Miller! This is rework of the first image.

@Diane_Miller, for the second image, rotation didn’t look right. I darkened bright area instead . Let me know what you think.

You did an excellent job of darkening the petal – it looks completely natural to me. Rotating an image almost never looks right, in my experience. A patch of old hydrangea blooms is a target-rich environment!